Saturday, April 17, 2010

feel like writing

Things are coming to a close.

I started this blog in May of 2008, and I think it's time to bring it to a close soon. In a shallow way, simply because of the title and the URL, but also because I want a sort of "fresh" start to the blogging world and I think I need to change my outlook on things a little bit.

The title comes from the idea of counting the cost of things... namely, discipleship under Jesus Christ. Rarely do we, and did I, count the cost of becoming a disciple, and in ways became caught up in knowing that we never really give up enough for the Gospel. We give parts of our hearts, minutes of our day, part of our lives... but we never really give it all. So I wanted this blog to be about that cost; about what it means to follow Jesus, about the price that we have to pay.

I think this might be a bleak outlook on life and what it means to be a Christian, and maybe stumbled me more than I realized.

All that being said, I have a lot to think about / reflect on from the past four years of my life, and I hope that as this blog comes to a close I will share those reflections here.

But, let's finish this off strong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Phillippians 4:4

Anonymous said...

Also, the whole counting the cost thing needs to be balanced. Otherwise, it's just a life of suffering. Yes Jesus says we will face many troubles and persecutions in this life, but to rejoice in all situations because He gives us the supernatural strength and grace to face challenges with boldness and hope.

Sometimes, it's a bit of a Korean church thing to equate suffering with holiness. That, in itself, is a form of idolatry.

Jesus is the truth, the way, and the life. The truth will set you free and allow you to worship Him and Him alone.